This tutorial describes how to set up and use the Phantom browser extension with your Ledger device to access your Ledger Solana (SOL) account(s).
Before you start
- Ensure the latest version of the Solana (SOL) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Make sure to close Ledger Live as it can conflict with the Phantom extension.
- We strongly recommend installing and using Phantom with the Brave browser.
Accessing your Ledger Solana account(s) via Phantom
- Open your browser and install the Phantom extension.
- Select Create New Wallet, copy your 12-word Phantom recovery phrase and click Ok, I saved it somewhere.
Your 12-word phantom recovery phrase does not replace your 24-word Ledger recovery phrase. Make sure to keep them both secure and secret.
- Choose a password, confirm it, agree to the terms of service and click Save.
- Finish the onboarding then open the Phantom extension in your browser.
- Connect your Ledger device and open the Solana (SOL) app on your device.
- In the Phantom extension, go to the Settings (=) then select Add / Connect Wallet.
- Select Connect hardware wallet and click Continue.
Select wallet address appears in your browser.
- Choose the default derivation path (44'/501'/0'), use the drop-down menu to select a Solana account then click Add account.
Your Ledger Solana account is added to Phantom.
- Click the Receive button to generate a deposit address.
You can use this address to send funds to your Ledger Solana Account.
If you're experiencing issues using the Phantom wallet, please reach out to Phantom wallet support.