This article will show you how to delete your Ledger XRP account using XRP Toolkit. Deleting your account will allow you to recover part of your 10 XRP reserve requirement. You can learn more about XRP's reserve requirements here.
Check the XRP wallet page to learn more.
Before you start
- Make sure the latest version of the XRP app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Make sure to close Ledger Live as it can conflict with XRP Toolkit.
- Chrome users might face connectivity issues so we strongly recommend using Firefox.
Deleting your Ledger XRP account using XRP Toolkit
- Connect your Ledger device and open the XRP app on your device.
- Go to the XRP Toolkit website.
- Click Connect Wallet, select Ledger Device, click Connect Ledger then select an account and click Confirm.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click Connect to Ledger then select your device and click Connect.
Your Ledger XRP account appears in the dashboard.
- Navigate to the Account tab and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Delete Account section and click Proceed.
- Read the disclaimer carefully then paste the destination address and click Next.
The destination address will receive your 10 XRP reserve minus a 2 XRP fee for deleting your XRP account. This fee is charged by the XRP network, not by Ledger.
- Sign the transaction on your Ledger device to confirm the deletion of your account.