Before you start
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Update the firmware of your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
- Make sure to install and update the Ethereum (ETH) app to the latest version.
Add Songbird (SGB) account to Ledger Live
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Accounts.
- Click Add account.
- Choose Songbird (SGB) from the drop-down list.
- Click Continue.
- Connect your device to Ledger Live and unlock it. The app will be installed and synchronized on your Ledger device.
- Click Add account.
That’s it, the Songbird (SGB) account is added to your Portfolio and Ledger device.
- In the left sidebar menu, click Receive.
- In the drop-down list, select SGB and click Continue.
- Connect your Ledger device to Ledger Live and unlock it.
- Open the SGB app on your device and press both buttons simultaneously to continue. You should see a message stating Application is ready.
- The address will be displayed on your device and in Ledger Live.
- Verify that the address shown on your device matches the address displayed in Ledger Live.
- If they match, approve the address on your device—press the right button on your device until you see Approve. Click both buttons simultaneously for approval.
- Copy the address and share it with the sender. Ensure that the address does not change after you copy/paste it.
You can send SGB from your account, using a Ledger device to verify and approve transactions.
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Send.
- From the dropdown menu, select SGB.
- Enter the recipient address. Double-check the address and click Continue.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Check the transaction summary—Amount, Network fees, and Total to debit—and click Continue.
- Confirm and approve the transaction on your Ledger device—press both buttons simultaneously to Approve. Press both buttons simultaneously to Accept and send the transaction.
The transaction is sent. Your account balance will be updated when the blockchain confirms the transaction.
The Songbird app won't install.
- Make sure that the Ethereum app is installed and updated to the latest version prior to installing the Songbird app.
- If you're running into error 0x6a83 while installing the Songbird app, please consult this article for help.