This article will describe how to manually change fee parameters for your Ethereum transactions in Ledger Live. Custom transactions can be used to send ETH or ERC20 tokens on the Ethereum network.
Check the Ethereum wallet page to learn more.
A few things to keep in mind before we start
Please note that transaction fees on the Ethereum network are paid to the validators who process the transactions, not to Ledger. As a result, we are unable to refund transaction fees once they have been paid.
The Ethereum fee market operates on a free market mechanism and is highly competitive. The higher the gas price and gas limit, the greater the probability of a transaction being processed quickly and successfully. To learn more about gas price and gas limit, please refer to the link provided here.
Creating a custom Ethereum transaction
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the Send tab
- Select your Ethereum account, paste the recipient address and click Continue.
- In the next screen, select the Amount then click Advanced.
- Select Edit.
- Select the Max Fee and Gas limit.
You can use this dashboard to help you select the optimal Max Fee
and the optimal Gas limit for your type of transaction. Typically, sending an ERC20 token will require about ~65,000 gas limit but this number could vary.
- Review your transaction. If all looks good, click continue then confirm your transaction on your Ledger device.