This tutorial will show you how to use Metamask to access your Ledger BSC account and manually add your BEP-20 tokens.
What is a BEP-20 token?
A BEP-20 token is a token that lives on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) network. You can learn more about BEP-20 tokens here. You can create a Ledger BSC account by following these instructions and send BEP-20 tokens to it. Supported BEP-20 tokens will show under your Ledger BSC account:
My BEP-20 deposit doesn't show in Ledger Live
- Not every BEP-20 token is supported in Ledger Live.
- Non-supported BEP-20 will not show in Ledger Live and will not appear in the transaction history.
- If your BEP-20 token deposit doesn't show in Ledger Live, the token might not be supported.
- Don't worry, your tokens are not lost, they're just hidden from view. To view your tokens, you can either us the Zerion app which is located in the Discover section of Ledger Live or use a third-party app called Metamask connected to your Ledger device. The next section will show you how to access non-supported BEP-20 tokens through Metamask.
Access my non-supported BEP20 token balance via Metamask
- Close Ledger Live.
- Download and install the Metamask extension on your web browser.
- Once installed in your browser, create a new Metamask wallet by following these instructions.
Next, connect your Metamask wallet to the Smart Chain network using this tutorial.
- Plug your Ledger device into your computer and open the Binance Smart Chain app on your Ledger device by navigating to the Binance Smart Chain icon and pressing both buttons simultaneously.
Connect your Ledger device to Metamask using this tutorial in order to find your Ledger BSC account in Metamask.
Add your BEP-20 token to Metamask as a custom token by following this tutorial.
For example, this is how to add ETH: