If your device displays “Follow device repair instructions” during the firmware update, try the solution described below depending on your Ledger device.
This issue is normally fixed using the device repair tool in Ledger Live.
- Open the device repair tool by going to My Ledger and waiting for the blue Repair button, or open it directly from: Settings > Help > Repair your Ledger device.
- Connect your Ledger Nano S.
- In Ledger Live, select Follow device repair instructions and click Repair. The repair process will start.
If your device displays Follow device repair instructions after updating to firmware version 1.2.4-2, please follow the steps below to reset your device in Recovery mode and update to version 1.2.4-4.
Before you continue, make sure your recovery phrase is available and at your disposal. The procedure below will erase the private keys from your device. You will need your recovery phrase to restore your private keys on your device.
Reset in Recovery mode
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold the left button (the button closest to the USB port) and do not release it until step 4.
- Connect the USB cable to the device.
- Release the button once the boot menu is displayed.
- Select Recovery mode and validate by pressing both buttons.
- Enter your PIN code. Your device will now display Follow device repair instructions followed by information on resetting it when you press the right button a few times.
- Select the Reset all option and press both buttons to validate. Your device will now be reset.
Still not solved?
If your problem is still not solved, there is probably a connection issue: