This article will provide tips to help you restore your Ledger accounts with your recovery phrase.
Before you start the restoration process
- Make sure that all the words on your recovery sheet are on the BIP39 word list and are correctly spelled.
- It's important to keep your recovery phrase secure. Make sure to attempt the restoration process in a private location, away from prying eyes.
During the restoration process
- Follow the instructions provided in this article.
- Select the correct recovery phrase length (12, 18 or 24 words) on your Ledger device. The selected length should match the length of your recovery phrase.
- Make sure to type your recovery words in the correct order:
video format on our YouTube channel.
I am still unable to restore my accounts
- Typing recovery words into a Ledger device can be a tricky task. Multiple attempts might be required before your phrase is correctly typed in and accepted by your device.
- If the issue persists, please reach out to Ledger Support via this link, we'll be happy to provide additional support.
Before you reach out
- Ledger Support does not need to know your 24-word recovery phrase to help you restore your accounts.
- Never share your 24-word recovery phrase with anyone including Ledger Support.
- Anyone gaining access to your recovery phrase will be able to access your crypto.
- Make sure to review this article that describes the most common phishing attacks employed by scammers to obtain your recovery phrase.