This article will provide tips to help you restore your Ledger accounts with your recovery phrase.
Before you start the restoration process
- Make sure that all the words on your recovery sheet are on the BIP39 word list and are correctly spelled.
- It's important to keep your recovery phrase secure. Make sure to attempt the restoration process in a private location, away from prying eyes.
During the restoration process
- Follow the instructions provided in this article.
- Select the correct recovery phrase length (12, 18 or 24 words) on your Ledger device. The selected length should match the length of your recovery phrase.
It's important to note that while you can import recovery phrases of 12, 18, or 24 words, a recovery phrase created by a Ledger device will always consist of 24 words. Additionally, we do not recommend importing a recovery phrase generated by hot wallets such as Metamask, Keplr, Phantom, etc., into your Ledger device.
- Make sure to type your recovery words in the correct order:
video format on our YouTube channel.
I am still unable to restore my accounts
- Typing recovery words into a Ledger device can be a tricky task. Multiple attempts might be required before your phrase is correctly typed in and accepted by your device.
- If the issue persists, please reach out to Ledger Support via this link, we'll be happy to provide additional support.
Before you reach out
- Ledger Support does not need to know your 24-word recovery phrase to help you restore your accounts.
- Never share your 24-word recovery phrase with anyone including Ledger Support.
- Anyone gaining access to your recovery phrase will be able to access your crypto.
- Make sure to review this article that describes the most common phishing attacks employed by scammers to obtain your recovery phrase.