This article will show you how to create your first Binance Smart Chain (BNB Chain) account and manage BNB and BEP-20 tokens with your Ledger device and Ledger Live.
Before you start
- Download the latest version of Ledger Live via the Ledger website.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger Nano S, Nano S Plus, or Nano X.
Install the Binance Smart Chain (BNB Chain) app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the My Ledger tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger to access your device.
- Search for the Binance Smart Chain (BNB) app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
The Binance Smart Chain (BNB Chain) app is developed and supported by Ledger.
- Create your first BNB Chain (BNB) account in Ledger Live. Learn more
- Receive BNB and BEP20 tokens into your BNB Chain account. Learn more.
- Send BNB and BEP20 tokens from your BNB Chain account. Learn more.
- Buy BNB directly into your Ledger BNB Chain account through Ledger Live. Learn more here.
- Learn more about BNB and the BNB Chain network here.
OpBNB Network currently not supported in Ledger Live
Currently, the Ledger Live app does not support the opBNB network. As a result, while you can safely send or bridge BNB coins and tokens (like USDC, Tether USDT, etc.) to your opBNB network account, these tokens will not be visible in the Ledger Live app. However, you can securely view and manage your coins and tokens by connecting your Ledger device to Metamask, and then connecting Metamask to the opBNB network via a tool like ChainList.