Swap crypto assets in Ledger Live to receive coins directly in your Ledger account. This service is offered through our third-party partner Wyre and it supports swapping BTC, ETH, USDC, USDT, and LINK.
Please note that swapping with Wyre is only available for users in the United States.
Before you begin
- Update Ledger Live through the notification banner or download the latest version.
- Ensure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware version.
- Make sure the required crypto asset apps are installed on your device.
- Add an account for the crypto you want to swap. Learn more.
- Install the Exchange app. Learn more.
Verify your identity
Before you can start swapping crypto assets, you need to complete the identification process. Identity verification is a legal requirement from Wyre to comply with Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws.
Note that you need to complete the identity verification process for each device. For example, switching from desktop to mobile will require you to complete the identity verification once again.
- In Ledger Live, click Swap on the left panel.
If it is your first time using the swap feature on this device, the Verify your identity page appears.
- Complete the following fields:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Postal address
- Click Continue.
Swap crypto assets
- Select the crypto assets you want to exchange from and to.
- Select the accounts you want to exchange from and to.
- Enter the amount you want to exchange.
Note that the rate is set by default to Floating rate. Fixed rate is not supported.
- Click Exchange.
The Swap window appears.
- Verify the amounts you want to exchange.
- Click Confirm after ticking the box if you agree with Wyre’s Terms and Conditions.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- Open the Exchange app on your device.
- Verify and confirm the swap transaction details on your device.
- Take note of your Swap ID in case you need help from Wyre support.
You have now exchanged crypto assets in Ledger Live! You will directly receive your coins in your Ledger account. It may take some time for the transaction to be processed and confirmed. Check the History tab to track the status of your swap transaction.
Ledger does not have access to any information regarding your orders via Wyre.
If you have a question: