Wyre swap service is currently paused
- Wyre swaps have been temporarily paused in the Ledger Live app. You can follow us on Twitter for updates.
- You can continue swapping through Ledger Live with CIC, Paraswap or 1inch.
- Since the swapping service is offered through our third-party partner Wyre, please reach out to Wyre Support with your Swap ID if you have any questions. Make sure to check whether your question is answered in Wyre Help Center.
Please keep this in mind before swapping
- It’s possible to get an error message when attempting to swap in Ledger Live. This is likely due to having a VPN on, so please make sure to temporarily disengage your VPN before attempting to swap in Ledger Live.
- It can take time to receive your crypto after doing a swap. This is usually due to network congestion. If you’ve been waiting a while and still don’t see your crypto, please reach out to the swap provider first, and provide them with your swap ID #. Of course, you’re always welcome to reach out to Ledger customer support as well.
Swap crypto assets in Ledger Live to receive coins directly in your Ledger account. This service is offered through our third-party partner Wyre and it supports swapping BTC, ETH, USDC, USDT, and LINK.
Please note that swapping with Wyre is only available for users in the United States.
Before you begin
- Update Ledger Live through the notification banner or download the latest version.
- Ensure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware version.
- Add an account for the crypto you want to swap. Learn more.
Swap crypto assets
- In Ledger Live, click Swap on the left panel.
- On the Exchange page, select the accounts for the crypto assets you want to exchange from and to.
- Enter the amount you want to exchange.
Note that there are defined minimal and maximal amounts you can exchange.
Review the swap transaction details:
- Provider: this service is offered through our third-party partner Wyre.
- Rate: the exchange rate
- Fees: (optional) to modify the fee levels, click Edit. The fee levels refer to the speed of the transaction.
- Target account: (optional) to modify the account where you want to receive your coins, click Edit.
- If it is your first time using the swap feature on this device, click on the Complete KYC button to complete the identification process.
Verify your identity
Identity verification is a legal requirement from Wyre to comply with Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws. You need to complete the identity verification process for each device. For example, switching from desktop to mobile will require you to complete the identity verification once again.
- On the Verify your identity page, complete the following fields:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Postal address
- Click Continue.
Your identity verification has been submitted for approval. It only takes a few minutes for the review to be completed.
- Click Continue.
The swap transaction details you have previously entered appear once again.
- Click Exchange.
The Confirm Your Exchange appears on the right side.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- Allow My Ledger to access your device.
If apps required for the swap are missing from your device, they will be automatically installed.
- Open the Exchange app on your device.
- Verify and confirm the swap transaction details on your device.
- Take note of your Swap ID in case you need help from Wyre support.
You have now exchanged crypto assets in Ledger Live! You will directly receive your coins in your Ledger account. It may take some time for the transaction to be processed and confirmed. Check the History tab to track the status of your swap transaction.
Ledger does not have access to any information regarding your orders via Wyre.
If you have a question:
- Please check whether your question is answered in Wyre’s help center.
- Reach out to Wyre support.