You can send crypto assets from your accounts in the Ledger Live application to a recipient address. Use your Ledger device to verify and approve the transaction.
Always send a small amount first. Then verify that the transaction was properly received on the recipient address before proceeding to send larger amounts. If there's a doubt whether a transaction has gone through, simply check back a few minutes later.
Before you begin
- You can only send crypto assets that are supported in Ledger Live.
- Check that the right app is installed on your device.
Ex: install the Bitcoin app to send Bitcoin.
Enter transaction details
- Click the Send button on the left panel or at the top of an account page.
- Type or use the drop-down list to select the Account to debit.
- Enter the Recipient address. For optimal security, make sure always to double-check addresses that you copy and paste. Click on Continue.
- Enter the Amount to send or its countervalue. You can also click on Send Max to empty the account.
- Choose the Network fees from the drop-down list and click on Continue. A higher fee leads to faster processing of the transaction. Learn more >
- Verify the transaction summary before clicking on Continue.
- Tap the Transfer tab at the bottom of the app.
- Tap Send.
- Choose the Account to debit.
- Tap Scan QR Code or manually enter the Recipient address.
For optimal security, always make sure to double-check addresses.
- Enter the Amount of the crypto asset to send, or its countervalue.
- Tap Continue.
Verify and sign
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Open the app as instructed and click on Continue.
- Carefully verify all transaction details on your device by pressing the right or left button to view all transaction details.
- Press both buttons to Accept and send the transaction if everything is correct. The transaction is then signed and sent to the network for confirmation. Choose Reject to cancel the transaction.
- By clicking on View details you may track the transaction until it gets confirmed.
- Check the transaction details. Tap Continue to proceed.
- Tap edit on the summary screen to change the Network fees.
- A higher fee leads to faster processing of the transaction. Learn more...
- Connect and unlock the Ledger device to send with.
- Open the crypto asset app as instructed.
- Tap Continue.
- Carefully verify all transaction details on your device.
- Approve the transaction if everything is correct. The transaction is then signed and sent to the network for confirmation.
- Click View details to track your transaction until it gets confirmed.
You may safely disconnect your hardware wallet once you've verified an address or approved a transaction. Crypto assets are transferred on their blockchain network to the address generated by your device, nothing gets physically sent to your device.