This tutorial explains how to connect your Ledger to the Tron network using TronScan. By linking TronScan with your Ledger device, you can access decentralized apps (dApps) on the Tron network, stake TRX, and manage TRX as well as Tron tokens (TRC10 and TRC20).
Before you start
- Make sure the latest version of the Tron app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Make sure to close Ledger Live as it can conflict with TronScan.
Connect your Ledger device to Tron network with TronScan
- Connect your Ledger device and open the Tron app.
- Go to the TronScan website.
- Click Connect Wallet > Ledger > Connect.
A list of accounts appears.
- Select an account and click Confirm.
- Verify and approve the address on your Ledger device.
Your Ledger device connects to Tronscan.
- To access your Ledger account, click on your address in the top right-hand corner and select Asset Management.
Your Ledger Tron account appears.
- Click the copy icon to copy your Ledger Tron deposit address.
Use this address to send TRX coins and TRC10/TRC20 tokens to your Ledger Tron account.
Managing Tron tokens with your Ledger device and TronScan
Like Ledger Live, TronScan can be used with your Ledger device to send and receive tokens on the Tron network.
- In TronScan, hover your mouse over your account address in the top right corner to access the transaction menu, and then click on the 'Send' button.
- Next, choose the token and amount, paste the recipient's address, and click 'Send'.
- Review the transaction details on your Ledger device's screen. If everything looks correct, approve the transaction on your Ledger device to sign and broadcast it to the Tron network.
Once the transaction is confirmed, the tokens will be transferred to the destination address.