This tutorial describes how to set up and use the Tezos web wallet with your Ledger device to access your Ledger Tezos (XTZ) account(s).
Before you start
- Make sure the latest version of the Tezos app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Make sure to close Ledger Live as it can conflict with the Temple app.
- We recommend using Chrome but please use Firefox or Brave if you experience any connectivity issues during set up.
Accessing your Ledger Tezos account(s)
- Go to the Temple Wallet website.
- Click on the Install now button at the top-right corner of the page.
- Select your browser, then click Install.
The Welcome to Temple page appears.
- Click on Create a new wallet.
- In the Create a new Wallet page, choose a secure password then click on Create after ticking the checkbox if you accept Temple Wallet’s Terms of Usage.
- In the Backup new seed phrase page, click on the Protected field to reveal your Temple wallet recovery phrase then confirm you made a backup.
Please note that this recovery phrase doesn't replace your Ledger 24-word recovery phrase, make sure to keep both securely backed up.
- In the Temple app main interface, click on the icon located next to Account 1 and select Connect Ledger.
- Connect your Ledger device and open the Tezos app.
- Choose a name for your account then click on Add Ledger Account.
The derivation path and derivation types fields don't need to be changed.
- The app will ask you to provide your public key, which you'll need to confirm on your device.
You should now have access to your Ledger Tezos account(s) which you can use to manage Tezos.