This article will help you set up your first Ledger THORChain (RUNE) account.
The THORChain app is developed and supported by the THORChain community.
THORCHAIN Mainnet Launch and RUNE tokens upgrade
Before you start
- Download and install Ledger Live on your computer. You can learn more about how to get started with Ledger Live here.
- Open Ledger Live, connect your Ledger device to My Ledger and make sure your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version (Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X).
Install the THORChain app on your Ledger device
Important notice for Nano S Plus users
- The THORChain app is not available for the Nano S Plus device yet.
- Follow us on Twitter to receive an update once the app is deployed.
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the My Ledger tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If prompted, allow My Ledger to access your device.
- Search for the THORChain app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
Create your first THORChain account via the THORSwap web app
THORChain accounts in Ledger Live
- Ledger Live doesn't support THORChain accounts yet.
- However, you can safely create your first Ledger THORChain account by connecting your Ledger device to the THORSwap web app. Step-by-step instructions can be found below.
- Close Ledger Live.
- Connect your Ledger device to your computer to switch it on.
- On your Ledger device, navigate to the THORChain app icon and open it.
Your Ledger device displays: THORChain ready.
- Go to the THORSwap app via this link.
- Select the Dashboard tab then click Connect.
- Select Connect Ledger.
- Select the THOR chain then click Connect.
The Connect button now reads Wallet.
- Click Wallet.
- Select Go to Account
Your Ledger THORChain account address appears on the blockchain.
- Select Copy Address.
You can safely send RUNE to this address.