This article will help you set up your first Ledger THORChain (RUNE) account.
Before you start
- Download and install Ledger Live on your computer. You can learn more about how to get started with Ledger Live here.
- Open Ledger Live, connect your Ledger device to My Ledger and make sure your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version (Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X).
Install the THORChain app on your Ledger device
Important notice for users
- To access the app go to Settings > Experimental features, activate Developer mode then go to My Ledger to download the app on your Ledger device.
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the My Ledger tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If prompted, allow My Ledger to access your device.
- Search for the THORChain app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
Create your first THORChain account via the THORSwap web app
THORChain accounts in Ledger Live
- Ledger Live doesn't support THORChain accounts yet.
- However, you can safely create your first Ledger THORChain account by connecting your Ledger device to the THORSwap web app. Step-by-step instructions can be found below.
- Close Ledger Live.
- Connect your Ledger device to your computer to switch it on.
- On your Ledger device, navigate to the THORChain app icon and open it.
Your Ledger device displays: THORChain ready.
- Go to the THORSwap app via this link.
- Select the Dashboard tab then click Connect.
- Select Connect Ledger.
- Select the THOR chain then click Connect.
The Connect button now reads Wallet.
- Click Wallet.
- Select Go to Account
Your Ledger THORChain account address appears on the blockchain.
- Select Copy Address.
You can safely send RUNE to this address.