If you sent Ethereum (ETH) or ERC20 tokens to your Ledger device, but the deposit is not visible in Ledger Live, follow the step-by-step guide below to solve this issue.
Ledger Live doesn't display my withdrawal/transfer from the exchange to my Ledger account
If your ETH/ERC20 token withdrawal or transfer from an exchange to your Ledger account isn't showing up in Ledger Live, here are a couple of things to check:
- Check if you've used the correct network to receive your assets: When receiving assets on your Ledger account from Coinbase, you may be given a choice of network for withdrawal. It is crucial to choose the correct network so you can see your assets on the account in Ledger Live. If you've chosen the wrong network, it could be the reason why you can't see your assets in Ledger Live. Learn more
- Check the transaction type: Exchanges like Coinbase, Binance, Kraken, and others often batch Ethereum (ETH) withdrawals to reduce network fees. These batched transactions are processed by smart contracts and recorded as internal transactions on the Ethereum blockchain. It's important to know that older versions of the Ledger Live app do not display these batched transactions.
To solve this issue, make sure to update the Ledger Live app to the latest version via the notification banner or directly through ledger.com/ledger-live then clear the cache in the app. For details on these transactions, you can also check the 'Internal Transactions' section of your Ethereum account on Etherscan at etherscan.io
Check if your ERC20 token is supported
ERC20 tokens are tokens issued on the Ethereum blockchain. Although your Ledger device can secure most Ethereum ERC20 tokens, not all ERC20 tokens are supported by the Ledger Live app. Non-supported ERC20 token deposits will not show in Ledger Live and will not create a transaction record in the Latest operations section in Ledger Live.
To check if your token is supported, make sure you have the latest Ledger Live installed on your computer or phone:
- Open Ledger Live.
- Go to the Accounts section.
- Click Add account.
- In the field "Choose a crypto asset" type a name or ticker or both of your ERC20 token. For example Tether USD (USDT)
- You should see your token in the drop-down with the different networks that are supported in Ledger Live:
- Ethereum - ERC20 token.
- Binance Smart Chain- BEP20 token.
- Tron - TRC20 token.
- Polygon - ERC20 token on Polygon network.
- Algorand - Algo token.
- Elrond - Elrond token.
- Stellar - Stellar network tokens
- If you see your token name with the Ethereum label, it means that your ERC20 token is supported in Ledger Live.
Managing tokens not supported in Ledger Live
Request the addition of ERC20 tokens to Ledger Live
In the first message, please indicate the asset you want to see in Ledger Live and provide any useful information such as:
- name of the asset. Example: Tether USD;
- ticker of the asset. Example: USDT;
- contract address. Example: 0xdAC17F958D2ee523a2206206994597C13D831ec7;
- website of the project. Example: https://tether.to/
- link to the token from Etherescan, CoinGecko, or Coinmarketcap. Example: https://etherscan.io/token/0xdac17f958d2ee523a2206206994597c13d831ec7
Ledger will review the list of tokens on a monthly basis. If signed, the new tokens will become available after a Ledger Live update. Ledger reserves the right to decide which token will be listed.