If you're having difficulties using Ledger Live with your Ledger device, you can find solutions to the most common problems in this article. Please follow up on your support ticket if you've found the answer to your question in case you had already contacted us.
Security best practices
- Reminder: Anyone with access to your 24-word recovery phrase can take your assets.
- Never enter your 24-word recovery phrase anywhere else than on your Ledger device.
- Beware of phishing attempts. Ledger will never ask you for your 24-word recovery phrase.
- Only use our official contact form at ledger.com/support.
Delay in answering support requests
Please note that we are receiving an increased number of incoming requests. We're working hard to reply to all support requests as soon as possible, but it will take longer than usual. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Cannot add Stellar accounts in Ledger Live?
- Download and install the latest version of Ledger Live.
- Update the Stellar app on your Ledger hardware wallets.
Accounts won't synchronize
- Synchronization error in Ledger Live: This may occur after a temporary outage of one of our blockchain explorers. To solve this, make sure you use the latest version of Ledger Live and clear the cache in Ledger Live (Settings > Help > Clear Cache). Learn more >
- Still not working? Please check on the Accounts page which crypto asset fails to synchronize. On our status page, you can see whether there is a known problem with our services.
Wrong portfolio, balance or account value
- Make sure you use the latest version of Ledger Live and clear the cache in Ledger Live (Settings > Help > Clear Cache).
- Wrong portfolio and graph values: Ledger Live version 2.0 showed incorrect portfolio and graph values for some users. Please update to the latest version of Ledger Live to fix it.
- Australian Dollar (AUD) countervalue: Current AUD rate providers do not have enough liquidity to display a countervalue in AUD. Please choose another fiat currency to display in Settings > Crypto assets > Rates. We are looking into possible solutions for this.
Stuck while updating the firmware?
- Most problems encountered while updating the firmware of a Ledger Nano S can be solved with our update troubleshooting article. This includes:
- - Device stuck on Bootloader or Update
- - MCU firmware is outdated or not genuine
- - Follow device update/repair instructions
- Are you still stuck after trying the solutions in our update troubleshooting article? That means there is probably a connection issue, which is most often fixed with our fix connection issues article.
Connection issues: Device won't connect?
- Ledger Nano S connection issues are usually fixed with our fix connection issues article.
- Ledger Nano X USB connection issues are usually fixed with this article.
- Ledger Nano X Bluetooth connection issues are usually fixed with the solutions outlined here.
Set up a new device or restore from a recovery phrase
- New device: Go to ledger.com/start if you're looking to set up a new device. Written instructions are available here.
- Restore or back up a device: Check out the dedicated articles to restore a Ledger Nano S or a Ledger Nano X.
Ledger Live update problems
Trying to get Ledger Live 2.3.0 on Android to manage your Stellar accounts?
The latest update of Ledger Live (v2.3.0) is now available on Google Play.
If Ledger Live crashes when you launch the app:
- Windows: Download and install the latest version of Ledger Live first. Then install the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package. Please find further instructions in this article.
You can safely ignore the potential antivirus warning. Our app is built with electron-builder 22.4.1, of which a recent NSIS version is falsely detected by antivirus scanners.
- MacOS or Linux: Download and install the latest version of Ledger Live. Then delete the user data folder. Instructions >
Crypto miners: important information
Are you receiving mining proceeds as a high number of small transactions directly on your Ledger hardware wallet? Do you have one of the following issues?
- Synchronization issues, long synchronization times or errors.
- Are you having trouble adding an account because Ledger Live keeps loading?
- Are transactions not showing up on your device when trying to send?
Please read this article to understand why mining is problematic and how to fix these issues.