If you're having difficulties using Ledger Live with your Ledger device, you can find solutions to the most common problems in this article. Please follow up on your support ticket if you've found the answer to your question in case you had already contacted us.
Security best practices
- Reminder: Anyone with access to your 24-word recovery phrase can take your assets.
- Never enter your 24-word recovery phrase anywhere else than on your Ledger device.
- Beware of phishing attempts. Ledger will never ask you for your 24-word recovery phrase.
- Only use our official contact form at ledger.com/support.
- If you’re experiencing USB connection issues, please try the following solutions:
- Change the USB cable if possible. Try removing any dongles or docks you're using.
- Try different USB ports.
- If the problem persists, please try other solutions listed in this article.
- If you’re on Windows, one of the following solutions could fix your connection issue:
- Right-click on Ledger Live to run it as Administrator.
- Try updating the USB drivers. Learn how to update the USB drivers in the Windows section of this article.
- For Bluetooth connection issues, try to reset the Bluetooth pairing on your Ledger Nano X and on your phone. For step-by-step instructions, refer to this article.
Due to different reasons, the FIAT value (countervalue) of crypto assets may be showing incorrectly or be missing in Ledger Live. Check this article to find out why it is happening and how to solve it.
In case of damage, loss, or theft of your Ledger wallet device, you can get back access to your accounts thanks to your 24-word recovery phrase by restoring it on a new Ledger device. If you have lost your device, rest assured, your PIN code should prevent any thief to steal your crypto assets. Indeed, after three incorrect PIN codes, your lost Ledger device will get reset to its factory settings, erasing the 24-word recovery phrase it holds.
Keep in mind that your 24-word recovery phrase is what is stored on your Ledger device and grants access to your funds. You must never reveal it and never lose it.
Windows users on version 2.29 and below won’t be able to perform auto-update in Ledger Live due to different Windows signature certificates used in old versions. As a result, they see a stuck “Downloading update” bar in Ledger Live.
The only solution will be to update Ledger Live manually by downloading the Ledger Live executable file from the website.
- Synchronization error in Ledger Live: This may occur after a temporary outage of one of our blockchain explorers. To solve this, make sure you use the latest version of Ledger Live and clear the cache in Ledger Live (Settings > Help > Clear Cache). Learn more >
- Still not working? Please check on the Accounts page which crypto asset fails to synchronize. On our status page, you can see whether there is a known problem with our services.
- Check ethgasstation.info for accurate gas price estimates before sending a transaction.
- Increase the gas limit to 100,000 if you're sending ETH or tokens to a contract. Any unburnt gas will be returned to your account.
- If your transaction stays unconfirmed for a long time, you can speed it up or cancel it. Learn more here.
- Check the Network fees article on our Help Center to learn more about the network fees in Ledger Live.
Are you receiving mining proceeds as a high number of small transactions directly on your Ledger hardware wallet? Do you have one of the following issues?
- Synchronization issues, long synchronization times, or errors.
- Are you having trouble adding an account because Ledger Live keeps loading?
- Are transactions not showing up on your device when trying to send?
Please read this article to understand why mining is problematic and how to fix these issues.
On July 14, 2020, a researcher contacted us through our bounty program to inform us of a data breach on our e-commerce and marketing database. We immediately fixed the data breach and launched internal investigations. We found that the exposed data was subject to unauthorized access. Your funds are safe.