If you're having difficulties using Ledger Live with your Ledger device, you can find solutions to the most common problems in this article. Please follow up on your support ticket if you've found the answer to your question in case you had already contacted us.
Security best practices
- Reminder: Anyone with access to your 24-word recovery phrase can take your assets.
- Never enter your 24-word recovery phrase anywhere else than on your Ledger device.
- Beware of phishing attempts. Ledger will never ask you for your 24-word recovery phrase.
- Only use our official contact form at ledger.com/support.
On July 14, a researcher contacted us through our bounty program to inform us of a data breach on our e-commerce and marketing database. We immediately fixed the data breach and launched internal investigations. We found that the exposed data was subject to unauthorized access. Your funds are safe.
We're currently experiencing some difficulties with ETC integration. Using third-party wallets such as MyCrypto or MyEtherWallet to manage your ETC might not work as well. Indeed, the issue seems to be on the ETC network level. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to fix this issue.
We're currently experiencing some difficulties with Ledger Live's countervalues, leading to the value of your crypto not being shown in FIAT correctly. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to fix this issue.
We are currently experiencing some difficulties with DOGE transactions in Ledger Live. As far as we know, there isn't a third-party compatible wallet that you could use in the meantime. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to fix this issue.
Please note that the Flare network is not supported on Ledger Live. To claim Spark tokens, you can use XRP Toolkit and follow these instructions. Make sure you have the latest firmware version installed on your device and the latest version of the XRP app.
Since we didn't develop the tool, please contact XRP Toolkit support if you encounter any issues.
We are currently experiencing some difficulties with the Tron integration in Ledger Live. This could cause users to not see all TRX transactions, see an incorrect balance, or not be able to manage their TRX. While we're working to fix these issues, we recommend you to use Tronscan to manage your TRX transactions.
If you see this warning, it means the wallet application you are using does not use the correct derivation path linked to the coin application you opened. Please verify that the derivation path is correct before you sign such a transaction.
Since Bitcoin app version 1.4.6, a vulnerability was fixed for all Bitcoin derivative apps. A new message The derivation path is unusual is shown when exporting public keys for a Bitcoin derivative that does not respect the coin type of the application. Likewise, a new message The sign path is unusual. Reject if you're not sure is shown when signing a transaction.
If during the Ledger Nano S update to firmware version 1.6.1, your device is stuck on Update and Ledger Live displays the error message: Unknown error (0x6984), follow the instructions below:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Ledger Live (version 2.13.0).
- Connect your device, without pressing any button.
The device displays Update.
- Go to the Manager tab in Ledger Live.
Ledger Live resumes the update from where it was interrupted.
For all the issues regarding the firmware update of Ledger Nano S, please refer to our troubleshooting article.
- Synchronization error in Ledger Live: This may occur after a temporary outage of one of our blockchain explorers. To solve this, make sure you use the latest version of Ledger Live and clear the cache in Ledger Live (Settings > Help > Clear Cache). Learn more >
- Still not working? Please check on the Accounts page which crypto asset fails to synchronize. On our status page, you can see whether there is a known problem with our services.
- Check ethgasstation.info for accurate gas price estimates before sending a transaction.
- Increase the gas limit to 100,000 if you're sending ETH or tokens to a contract. Any unburnt gas will be returned to your account.
- If your transaction stays unconfirmed for a long time, you can speed it up or cancel it. Learn more here
Our current AUD rate providers have insufficient liquidity. Please choose another fiat currency to display in Settings > Crypto assets > Rates. We are working to add AUD support as soon as possible.
- Ledger Nano X
The upgrade to Ledger Nano X firmware version 1.2.4-2 is released progressively. If you cannot see the update, this is perfectly normal. You may try once every day to see if the update is available.
- Ledger Nano S
Most problems encountered while updating the firmware of a Ledger Nano S can be solved with our update troubleshooting article (Device stuck on Bootloader or Update, MCU firmware is outdated or not genuine, Follow device update/repair instructions).
Still stuck after trying these solutions? Please refer to our fix connection issues article.
Are you receiving mining proceeds as a high number of small transactions directly on your Ledger hardware wallet? Do you have one of the following issues?
- Synchronization issues, long synchronization times or errors.
- Are you having trouble adding an account because Ledger Live keeps loading?
- Are transactions not showing up on your device when trying to send?
Please read this article to understand why mining is problematic and how to fix these issues.