If you're having difficulties using Ledger Live with your Ledger device, you can find solutions to the most common problems in this article. Please follow up on your support ticket if you've found the answer to your question in case you had already contacted us.
Security best practices
- Reminder: Anyone with access to your 24-word recovery phrase can take your assets.
- Never enter your 24-word recovery phrase anywhere else than on your Ledger device.
- Beware of phishing attempts. Ledger will never ask you for your 24-word recovery phrase.
- Only use our official contact form at ledger.com/support.
- If you’re experiencing USB connection issues, please try the following solutions:
- Change the USB cable if possible. Try removing any dongles or docks you're using.
- Try different USB ports.
- If the problem persists, please try other solutions listed in this article.
- If you’re on Windows, one of the following solutions could fix your connection issue:
- Right-click on Ledger Live to run it as Administrator.
- Try updating the USB drivers. Learn how to update the USB drivers in the Windows section of this article.
- For Bluetooth connection issues, try to reset the Bluetooth pairing on your Ledger Nano X and on your phone. For step-by-step instructions, refer to this article.
Due to different reasons, the fiat value of crypto assets may be showing incorrectly or be missing in Ledger Live. Check this article to find out why it is happening and how to solve it.
In case of damage, loss, or theft of your Ledger wallet device, you can get back access to your accounts thanks to your 24-word recovery phrase by restoring it on a new Ledger device. If you have lost your device, rest assured, your PIN code should prevent any thief to steal your crypto assets. Indeed, after three incorrect PIN codes, your lost Ledger device will get reset to its factory settings, erasing the 24-word recovery phrase it holds.
Keep in mind that your 24-word recovery phrase is what is stored on your Ledger device and grants access to your funds. You must never reveal it and never lose it.
Users of Hedera (HBAR) can now create a wallet for their digital assets in Ledger Live via HashPack. Please follow our step-by-step tutorial provided by Ledger to seamlessly create and manage your HBAR wallet in Ledger Live.
- Synchronization error in Ledger Live: This may occur after a temporary outage of one of our blockchain explorers. To solve this, make sure you use the latest version of Ledger Live and clear the cache in Ledger Live (Settings > Help > Clear Cache). Learn more >
- Still not working? On our status page, you can see whether there is a known problem with our services.