If you're having difficulties using Ledger Live with your Ledger device, you can find solutions to the most common problems in this article. Please follow up on your support ticket if you've found the answer to your question in case you had already contacted us.
Security best practices
- Reminder: Anyone with access to your 24-word recovery phrase can take your assets.
- Never enter your 24-word recovery phrase anywhere else than on your Ledger device.
- Beware of phishing attempts. Ledger will never ask you for your 24-word recovery phrase.
- Only use our official contact form at ledger.com/support.
Cannot add a Stellar account in Ledger Live?
- Download and install the latest version of Ledger Live.
- Update the Stellar app on your Ledger hardware wallets.
- We are currently experiencing some difficulties with the Stellar integration in Ledger Live. This could cause users to not see all XLM transactions, see an incorrect balance or not be able to send their Lumen.
While we are working on fixing this, users can connect their Ledger device to either the Stellar Account Viewer or StellarTerm. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and are doing our utmost to resolve this quickly.
Accounts won't synchronize
- Synchronization error in Ledger Live: This may occur after a temporary outage of one of our blockchain explorers. To solve this, make sure you use the latest version of Ledger Live and clear the cache in Ledger Live (Settings > Help > Clear Cache). Learn more >
- Still not working? Please check on the Accounts page which crypto asset fails to synchronize. On our status page, you can see whether there is a known problem with our services.
Transactions on the Ethereum network
- Check ethgasstation.info for accurate gas price estimates before sending a transaction.
- Increase the gas limit to 100,000 if you're sending ETH or tokens to a contract. Any unburnt gas will be returned to your account.
- If your transaction stays unconfirmed for a long time, you can speed it up or cancel it. Learn more here
Australian Dollar countervalue
Our current AUD rate providers have insufficient liquidity. Please choose another fiat currency to display in Settings > Crypto assets > Rates. We are working to add AUD support as soon as possible.
Stuck while updating the firmware?
- Most problems encountered while updating the firmware of a Ledger Nano S can be solved with our update troubleshooting article. This includes:
- - Device stuck on Bootloader or Update
- - MCU firmware is outdated or not genuine
- - Follow device update/repair instructions
- Are you still stuck after trying the solutions in our update troubleshooting article? That means there is probably a connection issue, which is most often fixed with our fix connection issues article.
Connection issues: Device won't connect?
- Ledger Nano S connection issues are usually fixed with our fix connection issues article.
- Ledger Nano X USB connection issues are usually fixed with this article.
- Ledger Nano X Bluetooth connection issues are usually fixed with the solutions outlined here.
Set up a new device or restore from a recovery phrase
- New device: Go to ledger.com/start if you're looking to set up a new device. Written instructions are available here.
- Restore or back up a device: Check out the dedicated articles to restore a Ledger Nano S or a Ledger Nano X.
Ledger Live update problems
If Ledger Live crashes when you launch the app:
- Windows: Download and install the latest version of Ledger Live first. Then install the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package. Please find further instructions in this article.
You can safely ignore the potential antivirus warning. Our app is built with electron-builder 22.4.1, of which a recent NSIS version is falsely detected by antivirus scanners.
- MacOS or Linux: Download and install the latest version of Ledger Live. Then delete the user data folder. Instructions >
Crypto miners: important information
Are you receiving mining proceeds as a high number of small transactions directly on your Ledger hardware wallet? Do you have one of the following issues?
- Synchronization issues, long synchronization times or errors.
- Are you having trouble adding an account because Ledger Live keeps loading?
- Are transactions not showing up on your device when trying to send?
Please read this article to understand why mining is problematic and how to fix these issues.