In this article, you will learn a few tips that can help you connect your Ledger device to Metamask.
Most Metamask connection issues can be avoided by following the tips below.
Please review this list carefully then try connecting your Ledger device to Metamask again.
- Ensure that Metamask is updated to version 10.5.2 or above. You can learn how to check your Metamask version here.
Chrome users can manually force an update by going to Manage extensions > Developer mode > Update
- Ensure that Ledger Live is closed otherwise it might prevent your Ledger device from connecting to Metamask.
- Open the Ethereum (ETH) app on your Ledger device before clicking the "Connect Hardware Wallet" button in Metamask.
- Ensure that your Ledger device runs the latest firmware version. You can learn more here (Nano S users) or here (Nano X users).
- Ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app. Learn more here.
- Ensure that blind signing is enabled in the Ethereum app settings on your Ledger device. Learn more here.