This article describes how to install the Avalanche app on a Ledger device and connect to the third-party wallet Avalanche Wallet.
Before you start
- Update Ledger Live to the latest version.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
- Make sure to close Ledger Live as it can conflict with Core web.
Install the Avalanche (AVAX) app
- Open My Ledger in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger on your device.
- Find Avalanche in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
Accessing your Ledger Avalanche account(s) through Core web
- Connect your Ledger device and open the Avalanche app on your device.
- Go to Core web and click Connect Wallet.
- Select Ledger among the proposed wallets.
The browser will display a selection box.
- Select your device and click Connect.
Once successful, Core web will open to your portfolio. If you had any previous balances, they will appear.
You should see your balance and the receiving address for X, P, and C-Chains.