You can send crypto assets from your accounts in the Ledger Live application to a recipient address. Use your Ledger device to verify and approve the transaction.
Always send a small amount first. Then verify that the transaction was properly received on the recipient address before proceeding to send larger amounts. If there's a doubt whether a transaction has gone through, simply check back a few minutes later.
Before you begin
- You can only send crypto assets that are supported in Ledger Live.
- Check that the right app is installed on your device.
Ex: install the Bitcoin app to send Bitcoin.
Enter transaction details
- Tap the Transfer tab at the bottom of the app.
- Tap Send.
- Choose the Account to debit.
- Tap Scan QR Code or manually enter the Recipient address.
For optimal security, always make sure to double-check addresses.
- Enter the Amount of the crypto asset to send, or its countervalue*.
- Tap Continue.
Verify and sign
- Check the transaction details. Tap continue to proceed.
- Tap edit on the summary screen to change the Network fees.
- A higher fee leads to faster processing of the transaction. Learn more...
- Connect and unlock the Ledger device to send with.
- Open the crypto asset app as instructed.
- Tap Continue.
- Carefully verify all transaction details on your device.
- Approve the transaction if everything is correct. The transaction is then signed and sent to the network for confirmation.
- Click View operation details to track your transaction until it gets confirmed.
The countervalue you enter is converted to the amount of the crypto asset to send through an intermediary exchange to Bitcoin using the exchange rate providers selected in Settings. By default, the rate providers with the highest 24h-volume are are selected.