This article will help you create your first Cronos (CRO) account.
Looking for Crypto.org Chain?
- Crypto.org Chain and Cronos are two separate blockchain networks. Click here to learn more.
- If you're looking to add a Crypto.org Chain account to Ledger Live, please use this tutorial instead.
Before you start
- Open Ledger Live, connect your Ledger device to My Ledger, and make sure your device is running the latest firmware version.
- If your Ledger device needs a firmware update, please update the firmware of your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app installed on your device. The Ethereum(ETH) app is required to manage CRO.
Add a Cronos (CRO) account to Ledger Live
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Accounts.
- Click Add account.
- Choose Cronos (CRO) from the drop-down list.
- Click Continue.
- Connect your device to Ledger Live and unlock it. The app will be installed and synchronized on your Ledger device.
- Click Add account.
That’s it, the Cronos account is added to your Portfolio and Ledger device.
Receive CRO via Cronos network
- In the left sidebar menu, click Receive.
- In the drop-down list, select CRO and click Continue.
- Connect your Ledger device to Ledger Live and unlock it.
- Select the Ethereum (ETH) app on your device and press both buttons simultaneously to open it.
- The address will be displayed on your device and in Ledger Live.
- Verify that the address shown on your device matches the address displayed in Ledger Live.
- If they match, approve the address on your device—press the right button on your device until you see Approve. Click both buttons simultaneously for approval.
- Copy the address and share it with the sender. Ensure that the address does not change after you copy/paste it.
Send CRO via Cronos network
You can send CRO from your account, using a Ledger device to verify and approve transactions.
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Send.
- From the dropdown menu, select CRO.
- Enter the recipient address. Double-check the address and click Continue.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Check the transaction summary—Amount, Network fees, and Total to debit—and click Continue.
- Confirm and approve the transaction on your Ledger device—press both buttons simultaneously to Approve. Press both buttons simultaneously to Accept and send the transaction.
The transaction is sent. Your account balance will be updated when the blockchain confirms the transaction.