Important note for Crypto.org users on Keplr
Keplr only supports the Cosmos Nano app. Addresses generated from Ledger use the following derivation path: 44'/118'/0'.
Ledger Live only supports the Crypto.org Nano app. Addresses generated from Ledger use the following derivation path: 44'/394'/0'.
Due to this discrepancy, syncing Crypto.org accounts created on Keplr is not possible in Ledger Live.
Don’t worry, this does not affect your crypto assets. To manage your CRO in Ledger Live, you need to create a CRO account in Ledger Live, then connect to Keplr using the Cosmos app. You can now send your CRO from Keplr to your CRO account in Ledger Live.
This article will help you set up your first Ledger Crypto.org Chain (CRO) account.
The Crypto.org Chain app is developed and supported by the Crypto.org community.
Before you start
- Crypto.org Chain accounts require Ledger Live version 2.39 or above. You can update to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live, connect your Ledger device to the Manager, and make sure your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- If your Ledger device needs a firmware update, please update the firmware of your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
Install the Crypto.org Chain (CRO) app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the Manager tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Search for the Crypto.org Chain (CRO) app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
Create a Crypto.org Chain (CRO) account in Ledger Live
Important note when withdrawing tokens on Crypto.org Chain
Not all withdrawn tokens are supported on Crypto.org Chain and they cannot be visualized in Ledger Live or in any other third-party wallets.
For example, DOT tokens that were withdrawn on Crypto.org Chain to CRO account cannot be managed for now. Contact the third-party wallet if you ever face this situation.
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the Accounts tab.
- Click the Add account button.
- Type or click the drop-down list to select Crypto.org Chain (CRO). Then click Continue.
- Connect and unlock your device. Then open the Crypto.org Chain app on your device.
- In the Accounts step, different sections can appear:
- In the Add existing accounts section, tick the existing account you want to add.
- In the Add new account section, tick to add a new account.
- The Accounts already in Portfolio section lists the accounts that are already in Portfolio and thus can not be added.
- Click Add account
You have successfully added a Crypto.org Chain account to the Portfolio.
Manage your Crypto.org Chain NFT Collection
Ledger Live does not support Crypto.org Chain NFTs yet. However, you can safely access and manage your NFT collection by connecting your Ledger account to the Crypto.org desktop app.