This article will help you create your first Ledger Crypto.org Chain (CRO) account.
The Crypto.org Chain app is developed and supported by the Crypto.org community. Check the wallet page to learn more.
Looking for Cronos?
- The Cronos chain is not supported in Ledger Live yet.
- You can however create a Ledger Cronos account with your Ledger device and Metamask.
- Learn more here.
Before you start
- Open Ledger Live, connect your Ledger device to My Ledger, and make sure your device is running the latest firmware version.
- If your Ledger device needs a firmware update, please update the firmware of your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
Add a Crypto.org Chain (CRO) account to Ledger Live
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Accounts.
- Click Add account.
- Choose Crypto.org (CRO) from the drop-down list.
- Click Continue.
- Connect your device to Ledger Live and unlock it. The app will be installed and synchronized on your Ledger device.
- Click Add account.
That’s it, the CRO account is added to your Portfolio and Ledger device.
- In the left sidebar menu, click Receive.
- In the drop-down list, select CRO and click Continue.
- Connect your Ledger device to Ledger Live and unlock it.
- Open the Crypto.org Chain app on your device and press both buttons simultaneously to continue.
Your Ledger device displays: Crypto.org ready.
- The address will be displayed on your device and in Ledger Live.
- Verify that the address shown on your device matches the address displayed in Ledger Live.
- If they match, approve the address on your device—press the right button on your device until you see Approve. Click both buttons simultaneously for approval.
- Copy the address and share it with the sender. Ensure that the address does not change after you copy/paste it.
You can send CRO from your account, using a Ledger device to verify and approve transactions.
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Send.
- From the dropdown menu, select CRO.
- Enter the recipient address. Double-check the address and click Continue.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Check the transaction summary—Amount, Network fees, and Total to debit—and click Continue.
- Confirm and approve the transaction on your Ledger device—press both buttons simultaneously to Approve. Press both buttons simultaneously to Accept and send the transaction.
The transaction is sent. Your account balance will be updated when the blockchain confirms the transaction.