API HTTP 524 error
Some NEAR users are experiencing synchronization error API HTTP 524 in Ledger Live. Our team is investigating.
Meanwhile, please use the NEAR wallet with a Ledger device to manage your Ledger NEAR account.
This article will help you set up your first Ledger NEAR Protocol (NEAR) account.
Before you start
- Download and install the latest version of Ledger Live.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
- Connect and sync your device with Ledger Live.
Are you all set? Let's get started.
Add NEAR account to Ledger Live
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Accounts.
- Click Add account.
- Choose NEAR from the drop-down list.
- Click Continue.
- Connect your device to Ledger Live and unlock it.
- Open the NEAR app on your Ledger device. The app will be installed and synchronized.
- Select the NEAR account you want to add.
- Click Add account.
That’s it, the NEAR account is added to your Portfolio and Ledger device.
- In the left sidebar menu, click Receive.
- In the drop-down list, select NEAR and click Continue.
- Connect your Ledger device to Ledger Live and unlock it.
- Open the NEAR app on your device and press both buttons simultaneously to continue. You should see a message stating Application is ready.
- The address will be displayed on your device and in Ledger Live.
- Verify that the address shown on your device matches the address displayed in Ledger Live.
- If they match, approve the address on your device—press the right button on your device until you see Approve.Click both buttons simultaneously for approval.
- Copy the address and share it with the sender. Ensure that the address does not change after you copy/paste it.
You can send NEAR from your account, using a Ledger device to verify and approve transactions.
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Send.
- From the dropdown menu, select NEAR.
- Enter the recipient address. Double-check the address and click Continue.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Check the transaction summary—Amount, Network fees, and Total to debit—and click Continue.
- Confirm and approve the transaction on your Ledger device—press both buttons simultaneously to Approve. Press both buttons simultaneously to Accept and sendthe transaction.
The transaction is sent. Your account balance will be updated when the blockchain confirms the transaction.
There you go. You’re all set to manage NEAR with Ledger.