Once the Ledger Live application is ready, you need to use the Manager in Ledger Live to install apps on your Ledger hardware wallet. The Manager also allows you to uninstall apps to make room of others.
How apps work
- Your Ledger device securely stores your private keys giving access to your crypto assets.
- By installing different apps, your Ledger device can be used for many different crypto assets. To manage Bitcoin, you need to install the Bitcoin app.
- Ledger devices have limited storage and the sizes of apps vary. You can safely install and uninstall apps when needed. Your private keys stay safe on your device and backed up on your Recovery sheet.
- Tap the Manager tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Allow Ledger Manager when prompted on your device.
The Manager now opens, showing the App catalog and a Device section.
- Search for the app to install in the App catalog.
- Tap the Install button of the app.
- The installation drawer appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
If there's not enough storage space, simply uninstall some apps to make room. By uninstalling apps, you will not lose your crypto assets since your private keys always remain secure on your Ledger hardware wallet.
- Search for the app to uninstall in the App catalog.
- Tap the Trash button of the app.
- The uninstallation drawer appears.
- The uninstallation is confirmed.
Please check on your device that the app is uninstalled.
To uninstall the Bitcoin or Ethereum app, make sure all Bitcoin and Ethereum dependent apps are uninstalled first.
You've successfully installed apps on your Ledger device. You can now proceed to add accounts to your Portfolio. Check the following articles to learn how to:
- Add your accounts
- Receive or send crypto assets