Add accounts in Ledger Live to manage the crypto assets secured by your Ledger hardware wallet. By adding your accounts, your public addresses are stored on your smartphone so you don't need your Ledger device every time you want to check your balance.
Before you begin
- Ledger Live should be ready to use.
- Check which crypto assets are supported in Ledger Live. Many crypto assets require using other apps.
- Make sure the required crypto asset app is installed on your device.
Example: to add Bitcoin accounts, make sure that your device has the Bitcoin app installed.
- Open the Accounts tab.
- Tap on the icon in the upper-right corner and choose Add accounts.
- Choose the crypto asset of the account to add.
- Unlock your device and open the app of the selected crypto asset. Choose your device in Ledger Live, then wait while it looks for existing accounts in the blockchain. These are then displayed one by one.
- In the Accounts step, different sections can appear:
- In the Accounts to import section accounts are shown that already have transactions. Select the account(s) to add.
- In the Add a new account section you can choose to add a new account. This is not possible when your last created account of that crypto asset has not received a transaction yet.
- The Existing accounts section lists the accounts that are already in the Portfolio.
- Tap on Continue. Your account(s) are then added to the Portfolio.
- To rename your accounts, go to the Accounts tab and choose an account. Tap the icon in the upper-right corner and tap Account name.
You've successfully added your account(s) to Ledger Live. In the Accounts tab, tap on any account to view its details. Check the following articles to learn how to: