Add accounts in Ledger Live to manage the crypto assets secured by your Ledger hardware wallet. By adding your accounts, your public addresses are stored on your smartphone so you don't need your Ledger device every time you want to check your balance.
Before you begin
- Ledger Live should be ready to use.
- Check which crypto assets are supported in Ledger Live. Many crypto assets require using other apps.
- Make sure the required crypto asset app is installed on your device.
Example: to add Bitcoin accounts, make sure that your device has the Bitcoin app installed.
Step by step
- Open the Accounts tab.
- Tap on the icon in the upper-right corner and choose Add accounts. Then tap:
- Add accounts to add new accounts using your Ledger device.
- Import desktop accounts to add accounts from Ledger Live desktop.
- Choose the crypto asset of the account to add. If you cannot find a crypto asset, it is likely not supported in Ledger Live. Check this article to learn how to manage crypto assets that are not supported in Ledger Live.
- Choose the Ledger device to connect to and make sure it's unlocked with the right app opened. Wait while the app looks for existing accounts in the blockchain. These are then displayed one by one.
- In the Accounts step, choose the accounts to add and swipe right to rename them. There are 3 types of accounts:
- In the Accounts to import section accounts are shown that already have transactions.
- In the Add a new account section you can choose to add a new account. This is not possible when your last created account of that crypto asset has not received a transaction yet.
- The Existing accounts section lists the accounts that are already in the Portfolio.
- Tap on Continue. Your accounts are then added to the Portfolio.
- To rename your accounts, go to the Accounts tab and choose an account. Tap the icon in the upper-right corner and tap Account name.
Remove an account
- Go to the Accounts tab.
- Tap on an account to view its details.
- Click the wrench icon in the top-right corner to open the Edit account window.
- Click the Delete button.
You've successfully added your account(s) to Ledger Live. In the Accounts tab, tap on any account to view its details. Check the following articles to learn how to: