Important notice regarding Cardano Smart Contracts
- The Alonzo upgrade was deployed on Cardano main-net on Sunday, September 12th. More on this here.
- This important upgrade equipped the Caradano network with smart contract capabilities.
- Please note that the current Cardano app available through Ledger Live does not support smart contracts.
- Our team is currently working on a new version, which you can expect in the coming weeks.
- Once the new app is released, you'll be able to use smart contracts through third-party apps like YOROI or AdaLite.
Before you start
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger device.
- Use AdaLite or Yoroi to manage your ADA transactions
Install the Cardano app
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Cardano in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find all the answers to the most common questions regarding Cardano (ADA):
- Why can't I see Cardano while going through the Add Account steps?
- When will Cardano be available on Ledger Live?
- How safe are my assets if I’m using a third-party wallet such as Yoroi, Adalite, or Daedalus?
- Set up and use AdaLite to access your Ledger Cardano (ADA) account
- Is the Binance-Peg Cardano Token (ADA) the same as the Cardano (ADA) coin?
- Check the AdaLite or Yoroi user guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Get technical support for Cardano on Telegram or on the dedicated forum.
- Reach out to the AdaLite developers on Telegram or open an issue on Github if you require assistance from them.
Please be aware that the AdaLite Telegram channel is targeted by scammers. Ledger will never ask for the 24 words of your recovery phrase. Never share them.
ADA accounts cannot be added to Ledger Live.