This article will help you set up your first Ledger Cardano (ADA) account.
Important notice regarding Cardano Smart Contracts
- The Alonzo upgrade was deployed on Cardano mainnet on Sunday, September 12th, 2021. More on this here.
- This important upgrade equipped the Cardano network with smart contract capabilities.
- Please note that the current Cardano app available through Ledger Live does not support smart contracts.
- Our team is currently working on a new version, which you can expect in the coming weeks.
- Once the new app is released, you'll be able to use smart contracts through third-party apps like YOROI or AdaLite.
Before you start
- Download and install Ledger Live on your computer. You can learn more about how to get started with Ledger Live here.
- Open Ledger Live, connect your Ledger device to the Manager and make sure your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- If your Ledger device needs a firmware update, please follow this guide (Nano S user) or this guide (Nano X user).
Install the Cardano ADA app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the Manager tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your Ledger device.
- Search for the Cardano ADA app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
- Cardano accounts cannot be created in Ledger Live for the moment.
- Instead, you can learn how to safely create your first Ledger Cardano (ADA) account through AdaLite or YOROI.
Please be aware that the official AdaLite Telegram channel is targeted by scammers. Ledger will never ask for the 24 words of your recovery phrase. Never share them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find all the answers to the most common questions regarding Cardano (ADA):
- Why can't I see Cardano while going through the Add Account steps?
- When will Cardano be available on Ledger Live?
- How safe are my assets if I’m using a third-party wallet such as Yoroi, Adalite, or Daedalus?
- Set up and use AdaLite to access your Ledger Cardano (ADA) account
- Is the Binance-Peg Cardano Token (ADA) the same as the Cardano (ADA) coin?