This article will help you set up your first Ledger Cardano (ADA) account.
Important notice regarding Cardano Smart Contracts
- The Alonzo upgrade was deployed on Cardano mainnet on Sunday, September 12th, 2021. More on this here.
- This important upgrade equipped the Cardano network with smart contract capabilities.
- To sign smart contract transactions with your Ledger device, please update the Cardano app to v.4.0.0:
- Once the app is up to date, you'll be able to use Cardano dApps through third-party apps like Nami.
Before you start
- Download and install Ledger Live on your computer. You can learn more about how to get started with Ledger Live here.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
- Make sure your Cardano (APP) is up to date.
Install the Cardano ADA app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the Manager tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your Ledger device.
- Search for the Cardano ADA app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
- Cardano accounts cannot be created in Ledger Live for the moment.
- Instead, you can learn how to safely create your first Ledger Cardano (ADA) account through AdaLite or YOROI.
Please be aware that the official AdaLite Telegram channel is targeted by scammers. Ledger will never ask for the 24 words of your recovery phrase. Never share them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find all the answers to the most common questions regarding Cardano (ADA):
- Why can't I see Cardano while going through the Add Account steps?
- When will Cardano be available on Ledger Live?
- How safe are my assets if I’m using a third-party wallet such as Yoroi, Adalite, or Daedalus?
- Set up and use AdaLite to access your Ledger Cardano (ADA) account
- Is the Binance-Peg Cardano Token (ADA) the same as the Cardano (ADA) coin?