If you lost or forgot your Ledger Live password, you can reset your password by resetting Ledger Live. Resetting Ledger Live erases all settings and accounts on your computer. Once you have reset Ledger Live, you can then choose a new password and add your accounts back with your Ledger device.
NOTE: By resetting Ledger Live, you will not lose your crypto assets since your private keys giving access to your funds remain secure on your Ledger device and are backed up by your recovery phrase.
Resetting a lost or forgotten password
- On the Locked screen page, click on I lost my password.
- After reading the warning, click on the Reset button.
- On the Welcome to Ledger page, click on the Get Started button.
- Select your Ledger device.
- Scroll down to the Already have a recovery phrase? section, then click on the Connect device option.
- On the Genuine check page, click on the Check my Nano button to verify that your device is genuine.
- Confirm on your Ledger device the connection to the PC.
- Once it’s confirmed that your device is genuine, click on Continue.
- In Ledger Live, go to Settings, then click on the Password lock toggle ( ).
- Set up a new password. For step-by-step instructions on how to set up a password, refer to the following article: Set up password lock.
- Add your accounts back. For more information on how to add your accounts, refer to the following article: Add your accounts.