This article describes how to access Ether (ETH) coins that have been mistakenly sent to your Ledger Ethereum Classic (ETC) account.
- This tutorial is for recovery purposes only, the recommend way to store ETH coins in a Ledger Ethereum (ETH) account is described here.
- This tutorial uses a special version of the Ethereum app called the Eth recovery app which can be installed on your Ledger device via the Manager in Ledger Live.
Before your start
- Make sure that the Firefox browser is installed on your computer.
- Open Ledger Live and create an Ethereum (ETH) account. More on this here.
- Use your Ledger Ethereum (ETH) account to create a deposit address.
Install the Eth recovery app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live, navigate to Settings > Experimental features, and activate Developer mode.
- Navigate to the Manager and install the Eth recovery app.
- Close Ledger Live.
- On your Ledger device, navigate to the Eth recovery app and press both buttons simultaneously to open it.
Your Ledger device displays This is a recovery tool.
Accessing your ETH account via MyEtherWallet
Open Firefox and go to the old version of MEW.
- In the app, select Access my Wallet > Hardware > Ledger and click Continue.
- When prompted, choose the Ethereum Classic network, the Ethereum Classic - Ledger Live derivation path then click Next.
- In the next menu, click on (1) Networks and make sure ETH > myetherwallet.com is selected.
Click on (2) Address, select the address that holds your ETH, accept the Terms and click Access My Wallet.
Your Ethereum account appears in the dashboard.
- Navigate to Send > Type, select ETH and paste your Ledger Ethereum (ETH) address in the To Address field.
- Send your ETH to your Ledger Ethereum (ETH) account address.
Once the transaction has cleared, your ETH will appear in your Ethereum (ETH) account in Ledger Live.