This article describes how to access Ether (ETH) coins that have been mistakenly sent to your Ledger Ethereum Classic (ETC) account.
- This tutorial is for recovery purposes only, the recommended way to store ETH coins in a Ledger Ethereum (ETH) account is described here.
- This tutorial uses a special version of the Ethereum app called the Eth recovery app which can be installed on your Ledger device via My Ledger in Ledger Live. To download Eth recovery app, you need to enable Developer mode in the Experimental settings of Ledger Live. Check how to enable it below
Before your start
- Make sure to use Brave, Google Chrome browser.
- Open Ledger Live and create an Ethereum (ETH) account. More on this here.
- Use your Ledger Ethereum (ETH) account to create a deposit address.
Install the Eth recovery app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live, navigate to Settings → Experimental features and activate Developer mode.
- Navigate to My Ledger and install the Eth recovery app.
- Close Ledger Live.
- On your Ledger device, navigate to the Eth recovery app and press both buttons simultaneously to open it.
Your Ledger device displays This is a recovery tool.
Accessing your ETH account via Tally Ho wallet
- Go to the Tally Ho website.
- Install the extension to Google Chrome or Brave.
- Launch Tally Ho extension.
- Click Continue two times.
- Click Connect to Ledger
- Make sure your Ledger device is connected and ETH recovery is open.
- Click Continue.
- In the pop-up window, select your Ledger device and click Connect.
- On the Select Ledger Accounts window, click on the Derivation path field.
- Click Add custom path
- In the Label field, type ETC then click on the empty Custom path field.
- Change the first index to 61 then click the X button to close the pop-up window.
- Click Add derivation path.
- Select the custom derivation path you added. Your Ethereum account with ETC address should appear. Select it and click Connect selected.
- You can now close the tab and open the extension. You should see your funds on the balance.
- Click Send.
- Paste your Ledger Ethereum (ETH) deposit address from Ledger Live in the Send to field on Tally Ho.
- Click Continue.
- Confirm the transaction on your Ledger device.
Once the transaction has been processed, your ETH will appear in your Ethereum (ETH) account in Ledger Live.