Install the Eth recovery app on your Ledger device to recover Ethereum that you mistakenly sent to an Ethereum-based account such as Ethereum Classic, Ethergem, Ether-1, etc. Please note that this app is a recovery tool and is not suitable for daily use.
Before you start
Install the Eth recovery app
- Go to Settings > Experimental features in Ledger Live.
- Enable Developer mode.
- Open the Manager.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Eth recovery in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Recovering Ethereum sent to an Ethereum-based address
To recover Ethereum sent to an Ethereum-based address:
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Open the Eth Recovery app on your device.
- Go to MyEtherWallet. For more information on how to set up and use MyEtherWallet, consult this article.
- Select Hardware.
An Access by Hardware window appears.
- Select Ledger. Then click on Continue.
A Choose the App window appears.
- Click on the small arrow to change the network from Ethereum to the Ethereum-based network you sent ETH to.
- In the drop-down list, select the derivation path. Then click Next.
For Ethereum Classic, select the following derivation path: Ethereum Classic - Ledger Live - m/44’/61’.
A Network and Address window appears.
- Select the Ethereum-based address to which you have sent Ethereum.
- Click on the checkmark to accept MEW’s terms then click on Access My Wallet.
Your balance should display the Ethereum you have mistakenly sent to the Ethereum-based address.
- Send the Ethereum to the Ethereum address of your choice. For step-by-step instructions on how to send transactions on MyEtherWallet, refer to this article.