Important notice regarding Bluetooth pairing
- The latest firmware update to v.2.0.0 will reset Bluetooth pairing between your Ledger Nano X device and the Ledger Live mobile app.
- After completing the update, please make sure to re-pair your Ledger device by following the step-by-step instructions in this article.
- Don't worry, this doesn't have any effect on your crypto assets.
Set up an encrypted Bluetooth connection between your Ledger Nano X device and Ledger Live on your smartphone to manage your crypto assets on the go. Alternatively, Bluetooth can be disabled to connect via USB only.
Bluetooth pairing with a desktop is currently not available.
Pair your Ledger Nano X the first time you set it up with your smartphone.
- Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your smartphone and on your Ledger Nano X. Your Ledger Nano X should be on the Dashboard, its main home screen.
Android: Make sure location services are enabled in your phone's settings for Ledger Live. Ledger Live never uses your location information, this is a requirement for Bluetooth on Android.
- Start the pairing in Ledger Live mobile. The Ledger Nano X should be on the Dashboard.
- Tap on the Ledger Nano X once it's available in Ledger Live mobile. It may take a few moments for a pairing code to be displayed on both devices.
- If the codes are the same, confirm the pairing on your smartphone.
- Press both buttons on your Ledger Nano X to confirm the pairing.
- Press both buttons to Allow My Ledger to access your device. The pairing is complete after the authenticity of your Ledger Nano X has been checked by Ledger's secure server.
The pairing persists in your global smartphone settings. The pairing code does not have to be confirmed again until you forget the device in the Bluetooth settings of your smartphone.
If you have a Bluetooth pairing issue, please refer to the following article Fix Bluetooth issues.
Disable Bluetooth connectivity
By default, Bluetooth is enabled once you've set up your Ledger Nano X. Here's how to turn it off:
- Turn on and unlock your Ledger Nano X.
- Hold both buttons to access the Control Center.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth symbol using the right or left button.
- Press both buttons to disable Bluetooth. The Bluetooth status displays disabled.
Use your Ledger Nano X without Bluetooth
To use your Ledger Nano X via USB:
- Desktop: Use the USB-C cable that came with the Ledger Nano X to connect it to your desktop computer. Manage your crypto with Ledger Live desktop or any other compatible (web) app.
- Mobile: Use an OTG-cable to connect your Ledger Nano X to your Android smartphone (iOS not supported). Manage your crypto with Ledger Live mobile or any other compatible (web) app.