You can send crypto assets from addresses controlled by your Ledger Nano X to a recipient address with the Ledger Live application.
Always send a small amount first. Then verify that the transaction was properly received by the recipient address before proceeding to send larger amounts. If there's a doubt whether a transaction has gone through, simply check back a few minutes later.
When you are not using your Ledger Nano X, please be sure to lock it to ensure that no one else can use your device.
Before you begin
- Ledger Live is ready to use and you've got crypto assets to send.
- Check that the right app is installed on your device.
Ex: install the Bitcoin app to send Bitcoin.
Enter transaction details
- Tap the Transact tab at the bottom of the app.
- Tap Send.
- Choose the Account to debit.
- Tap Scan QR Code or manually enter the Recipient address.
For optimal security, always make sure to double-check addresses.
- Enter the Amount of the crypto asset to send, or its countervalue*.
- Tap Continue.
Verify and sign
- Check the transaction details. Tap continue to proceed.
- Tap edit on the summary screen to change the Network fees.
- A higher fee leads to a faster processing of the transaction. Learn more...
- Choose the Ledger Nano X to send with while making sure it's turned on and unlocked.
- Open the crypto asset app as instructed.
- Tap Continue.
- Carefully verify all transaction details on your device.
- Press both buttons to validate the transaction if everything is correct. The transaction is then signed and sent to the network for confirmation.
- Click View operation details to track the transaction until it gets confirmed.
The countervalue you enter is converted to the amount of the crypto asset to send through an intermediary exchange to Bitcoin using the exchange rate providers selected in Settings. By default, the rate providers with the highest 24h-volume are are selected.