Resetting the device to factory settings removes all private keys, applications and settings from your Ledger Nano X device. You can reset to set it up as a new device, to restore another recovery phrase or to safely transfer the device to someone else.
Before you start
- Ensure that you are the sole holder of the 24-word recovery phrase that backs up the private keys on your device.
Got your Recovery sheet?
If you reset your device without holding your Recovery sheet, the private keys providing access to your crypto assets will be erased. You will permanently lose access your crypto assets.
The device can either be reset from the settings menu or by entering three incorrect PIN codes when unlocking it. Please choose one of the two options below:
- Turn on and unlock your Ledger Nano X.
- Hold both buttons to access the Control Center.
- Navigate to Settings and press both buttons to validate.
- Navigate to Security and press both buttons to validate.
- Choose Reset all by pressing both buttons.
- Read the warnings and choose Reset device to validate.
- Enter your PIN code to confirm. Your device will then be reset.
- Turn on your Ledger Nano X.
- Enter an incorrect PIN code three times in a row.
- The device will reset after the third incorrect attempt as a security measure.
You've successfully reset your device to factory settings. You can either:
- Learn how to set it up as a new device to generate and backup new private keys.
- Alternatively, restore your device from a recovery phrase to restore the private keys associated to an existing recovery phrase.
Did your device reset automatically?
If your device displays Welcome to Ledger Nano X, it has been reset. Your device can reset to factory settings automatically after updating the device firmware or encountering a bug.
Don't worry, your crypto assets are safe as long as you have your 24-word recovery phrase. Please follow the instructions to restore your private keys from your recovery phrase.