The PIN code of your Ledger Nano X device prevents unauthorized access to your crypto assets. Your PIN code is chosen when you first set up the device, but you can change it at any time.
Before you start
- Your device is set up and runs the latest firmware.
- Check our article on PIN code and recovery phrase security.
- Turn on and unlock your Ledger Nano X.
- Hold both buttons to access Control Center.
- Navigate to Settings > Security > Change PIN.
- Choose a new PIN code of 4 to 8 digits.
- Confirm the new PIN code by entering it again.
- Enter your old PIN code to validate.
- The PIN code is now successfully changed.
- Choose your own PIN code. This code unlocks your device.
- An 8-digit PIN code offers an optimum level of security.
- Choose a PIN code that's hard to guess.
- Maximize your account security with a passphrase (advanced users).
- Contact Ledger Support in case you require assistance.