Sell crypto assets in the Ledger Live mobile application. This service is offered through our partner Coinify and supports selling Bitcoin.
Before you start
- Update Ledger Live through the notification banner or download the latest version.
- Ensure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware version.
- Make sure the required crypto asset apps are installed on your device.
- Install the Exchange app. Learn more.
Create your account
- Tap the Transfer tab on the bottom menu, tap on Buy / Sell, and then on the Sell now button.
- Choose a crypto asset to sell and the account to sell from.
- Connect and unlock your device. Then open the required application.
- Enter the amount to sell and select the currency you want to receive in exchange. Tap on Sell now. You can also log in through the menu in the upper right-hand side.
- Enter your email address, choose a password and select your country of residence.
You can only use Coinify if your country of residence is listed.
- Tap on Create account after ticking the box if you agree with Coinify’s Terms of Service.
- Tap on the confirmation link that is sent to your email address.
Verify your identity
- Take out your photo ID and tap on Continue to proceed with the one-time identify verification. This is required by Anti-Money Laundering Regulation.
- Answer the questions about your planned account usage and tap on Continue.
- Complete the in-app identity verification.
- Tap on Trade now once the verification is complete.
If the camera does not work due to a permission issue, please follow the instructions to complete this step in your (smartphone) browser. If that does not work either, you will receive an email from Coinify a few hours later from which you can complete the identity verification.
Sell your coins
- Enter the amount to sell and your preferred currency. Tap on Continue.
- Tap on the Add an account button to add a bank account.
An overview of your order is shown, it remains valid for 15 minutes.
- Enter your bank account details and the account holder details. Tap Add account.
- Review the transaction details.
- Tap on Confirm after ticking the checkbox if you accept Coinify’s Terms and Conditions.
- Select your Ledger device. Then connect and unlock your device.
- Open the Exchange app.
- Verify the transaction details on your device. Then press both buttons to accept and send the transaction.
The addresses are provided securely so you don’t have to verify it.
Why do you see your email address in the transaction details?
You see your email address in the transaction details to make sure that the transaction comes from your Coinify account.
Ledger does not have access to any information regarding your orders via Coinify. Your Ledger device does not store your email address. The email address is only read and displayed by the Ledger device.
You have now sold crypto in Ledger Live! Your funds will be delivered straight to your bank account. It may take some time for the transaction to process and confirm. Check the History tab to track the status of your order.
Ledger does not have access to any information regarding your orders via Coinify.
If you have a question: