Resetting the device to factory settings removes all private keys, applications and settings from your Ledger Nano S device. You can reset to set it up as a new device, to restore another recovery phrase or to safely transfer the device to someone else.
Before you start
- Your device has been set up.
- Ensure you are the sole holder of the recovery phrase that backs up the private keys on your device.
Got your Recovery sheet?
If you reset your device without holding your Recovery sheet, the private keys providing access to your crypto assets will be erased. You will permanently lose access your crypto assets.
The device can either be reset from its settings menu or by entering three incorrect PIN codes when unlocking it. Please choose one of the two options below:
- Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S by entering your PIN code.
- Navigate to the Settings from the dashboard and press both buttons to validate.
- Navigate to the Device option. Press both buttons to validate.
- Choose Reset all by pressing both buttons.
- Read the warning in the automatic slider. Press the right button to continue.
- Enter your PIN code to confirm. Your device will then be reset.
- Connect the USB cable to your Ledger Nano S to turn it on.
- Enter an incorrect PIN code three times in a row.
- The device will reset after the third incorrect attempt as a security measure.
You've successfully reset your device to factory settings. You can either: