Set auto-lock to automatically lock your Ledger Nano S device after a period of inactivity. The PIN code is then required to unlock it. It is recommended to enable auto-lock for optimal security.
- Connect and unlock your device using your PIN code.
- Go to Settings. Then press both buttons to validate.
- Go to Security and press both buttons to validate.
- Press both buttons to enter the Auto-lock menu.
- Select one of the following options:
- 1 minute
- 3 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 10 minutes
- Press both buttons to activate the corresponding auto-lock option.
If you've enabled auto-lock your device will show the text vires in numeris when the device has been automatically locked. The message is Latin for strength in numbers, which is a Bitcoin motto. To unlock the device, press both buttons and enter your PIN code.
You can lock your device at any time by holding both buttons for 3 seconds.