You can swap crypto assets in the Ledger Live mobile application. This service is offered through our third-party partner Changelly. The following crypto assets are supported for swap:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin-based crypto assets
- Ethereum (ETH)
- ~ 35 ERC-20 tokens. Please refer to our list of supported crypto assets to see which tokens are supported.
Please note that the swap feature is not available in some countries, including the United States.
Before you begin
- Update Ledger Live to at least version 2.14.0.
- Ensure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware version.
- Make sure the required crypto asset apps are installed on your device.
- Add an account for the crypto you want to swap. Learn more.
- Install the Exchange app. Learn more.
Swapping crypto assets
- On the bottom menu, tap Transfer > Swap.
If it is your first time using the swap feature, the Welcome to Swap page appears.
- Tap Continue after ticking the box if you agree to share your location data with Changelly.
- Select your Ledger device. Then connect and unlock your device.
- Allow Ledger Manager on your device.
The Exchange page appears.
- Select the accounts you want to exchange from and to. Then tap Continue.
- Enter the amount you want to exchange. Tap Continue.
Note that there are defined minimal and maximal amounts you can exchange.
- Verify the amounts you want to exchange. Tap Continue.
- Tap Accept if you agree with Changelly’s Terms and Conditions.
- Open the Exchange app on your device.
- Verify and confirm the swap transaction details on your device.
- Write down your Swap ID in case you encounter an issue. Tap Continue.
You have now exchanged crypto assets in Ledger Live! You will directly receive your coins in your Ledger account. It may take some time for the transaction to be processed and confirmed. Check the History tab to track the status of your swap transaction.
If you have a question: