Since the swapping service is offered through our third-party partner Changelly, please reach out to Changelly Support with your Swap ID if you have any questions. Make sure to check whether your question is answered in Changelly’s help center.
You can swap crypto assets in the Ledger Live desktop application. This service is offered through our third-party partner Changelly and supports swapping BTC, ETH, XRP, XLM, and many more! See all the crypto supported for swap here.
Please note that the swap feature is not available in some countries, including the United States.
Before you begin
- Update Ledger Live through the notification banner or download the latest version.
- Ensure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware version.
Please note that the swap feature is not supported on the Ledger Blue.
- Make sure the required crypto asset apps are installed on your device.
- Add an account for the crypto you want to swap. Learn more.
- Install the Exchange app. Learn more.
Swapping crypto assets
- Click Swap on the left panel.
If it is your first time using the swap feature, the Welcome to Swap page appears.
- Click Continue after ticking the box if you agree to share your location data with Changelly.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- Allow Ledger Manager on your device.
The Swap page appears.
- Select the crypto assets you want to exchange from and to.
- Select the accounts you want to exchange from and to.
- In Amount to send, enter the amount you want to exchange.
Note that there are defined minimal and maximal amounts you can exchange.
- At the top, select one of the following exchange rates:
- Fixed rate (by default): locks and guarantees the Amount to receive displayed on the screen for 60 seconds but fees might be higher.
- Floating rate: provides an estimate of the Amount to receive that can change due to the market volatility but fees are at the lowest possible. However, if the slippage is more than 10%, Changelly will refund the trade.
- Click Exchange.
The Swap window appears.
- Verify the amounts you want to exchange, the provider, and the type of exchange rate.
- Click Confirm after ticking the box if you agree with Changelly’s Terms and Conditions.
- Open the Exchange app on your device.
- Verify and confirm the swap transaction details on your device.
If you have selected Floating rate, note that the payout fees are not shown on your device. Besides, the estimated amount shown on the device doesn’t take into account the payout fees. To have an accurate estimated amount, you need to subtract the payout fees from the estimated amount.
- Write down your Swap ID in case you encounter an issue.
You have now exchanged crypto assets in Ledger Live! You will directly receive your coins in your Ledger account. It may take some time for the transaction to be processed and confirmed. Check the History tab to track the status of your swap transaction.
If you have selected Floating rate, note that the swap history details don't include the payout fees.