You can swap crypto assets in the Ledger Live desktop application. This service is offered through our third-party partner Changelly. The following crypto assets are supported for swap:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Bitcoin-based crypto assets
- Ethereum (ETH)
- ~ 35 ERC-20 tokens. Please refer to our list of supported crypto assets to see which tokens are supported.
Please note that the swap feature is not available in some countries, including the United States.
Before you begin
- Update Ledger Live through the notification banner or download the latest version.
- Ensure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware version.
- Make sure the required crypto asset apps are installed on your device.
- Add an account for the crypto you want to swap. Learn more.
- Install the Exchange app. Learn more.
Swapping crypto assets
- Click Swap on the left panel.
If it is your first time using the swap feature, the Welcome to Swap page appears.
- Click Continue after ticking the box if you agree to share your location data with Changelly.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- Allow Ledger Manager on your device.
The Exchange page appears.
- Select the crypto assets you want to exchange from and to.
- Select the accounts you want to exchange from and to.
- Enter the amount you want to exchange.
Note that there are defined minimal and maximal amounts you can exchange.
- Click Exchange.
The Swap window appears.
- Verify the amounts you want to exchange.
- Click Confirm after ticking the box if you agree with Changelly’s Terms and Conditions.
- Open the Exchange app on your device.
- Verify and confirm the swap transaction details on your device.
- Write down your Swap ID in case you encounter an issue.
You have now exchanged crypto assets in Ledger Live! You will directly receive your coins in your Ledger account. It may take some time for the transaction to be processed and confirmed. Check the History tab to track the status of your swap transaction.
If you have a question: