Install the Stakenet app on your Ledger device to manage XSN with Ledger Live. The XSN app is developed and supported by Ledger.
Before you start
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger device.
- Install the Bitcoin app, as XSN requires it.
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Stakenet in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
The XSN app can export your extended public key (xpub) to web apps in a U2F compatible web browser (Chrome, Opera, or Firefox). The xpub is privacy-sensitive information, as all public addresses can be generated from it.
Public key exports by default require manual approval on the device to prevent inadvertent sharing of your public addresses. This setting can be configured as follows:
- Open the XSN app.
- Navigate to Settings > Public key export approval.
- Choose one of two options:
- Manual approval (default): public key exports require a confirmation on the device.
- Auto approval: public key exports are automatically approved.
When you add Stakenet accounts in Ledger Live, the address format is set to SegWit by default. If you need to receive XSN on older address formats such as Legacy, you can change the default address format.
To change the default address format:
- In the Add new account section of the Accounts step, click on the Show all address types toggle.
- Select one of the following address formats:
- Segwit (by default): SegWit addresses start with a 7. The SegWit upgrade reduces network fees, speeds up transaction signing on hardware wallets, and enables second-layer solutions like Lightning Network. By default, new accounts added in Ledger Live are SegWit accounts.
- Legacy: Legacy addresses start with an X. This is Stakenet's original address format. New Legacy accounts can now be added directly in Ledger Live. You no longer need to use a third-party wallet to add Legacy accounts in Ledger Live.
XSN transactions are public information. Do not re-use your addresses for optimal privacy. Ledger Live automatically generates new addresses and keeps track of your previous ones. Previous addresses do remain valid, but they don't offer an optimal level of privacy.