Install the Tezos app on your Ledger device to manage Tezos (XTZ) coins with your Ledger device and with Ledger Live.
Ongoing issue with delegating and undelegating XTZ
We’ve identified a problem where delegation or undelegation of Tezos (XTZ) coins in Ledger Live may not be successfully broadcasted to the Tezos network. As a result, your transaction might hang indefinitely on the block explorer. We are aware of this issue, and our team is actively working on a resolution. A fix will be implemented in an upcoming version of Ledger Live.
In the meantime, you can manage your XTZ stakes normally through Galleon with your Ledger device.
Before you start
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Update the firmware of your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
Install the Tezos Wallet app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to My Ledger tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger on your device.
- Search for the Tezos Wallet app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
The Tezos Wallet app supported and developed by Ledger.
Please note that the Tezos Wallet app is not supported for Ledger Blue devices.
Have a KT1 Account?
Ledger Live implementation in the Tezos blockchain is evolving and KT1 accounts will no longer be supported in Ledger Live. For users still using a KT1 account, a third-party wallet is required.
If you have a KT1 account:
- Download Temple Wallet.
- Download the Tezos application in the My Ledger section of Ledger Live.
- Connect Ledger to the Temple wallet. Learn more about how to do that here.
- On your Ledger device, navigate to the Tezos application and open it.
Your Ledger device should display: Application is ready.
- Select the colorful robot in the top right-hand corner of the Temple extension.
- Select Import Account.
- Select Managed KT.
The address should populate automatically. If there are any KT1 contracts associated with your TZ account, they should appear at the bottom of the KT1 section.
8. Choose the KT1 account preferred, then select Import Account.
These steps allow users to manage funds that were tied from an older KT1 address/contract and enable them to connect to their current TZ address. For more information on the KT1 account issues, feel free to reach out to Ledger Customer Support.
- Create your first Tezos account in Ledger Live. Learn more
- Receive XTZ coins in your Tezos account. Learn more.
- Send XTZ coins from your Tezos account. Learn more.
- Buy XTZ directly into your Ledger Tezos account through Ledger Live. Learn more here.
- Get staking rewards by delegating XTZ from your Tezos account. Learn more.