Important note regarding Algorand staking rewards
- The Algorand Foundation has phased out participation (staking) rewards.
- Starting from April 2022, staking rewards dropped to 0 and are replaced by governance rewards.
- As a result, from April 2022, you will stop receiving staking rewards in your Algorand account in Ledger Live.
- To continue receiving rewards, you will need to sign up for the new Governance program (Become a Governor) via the Algorand Foundation website. More on this here.
Please note that Ledger Live does not support Governance Rewards. We might support this feature in the future but do not have an ETA yet.
Earn Algorand rewards by adding ALGO to your account in Ledger Live. By doing so, you earn Algorand rewards while benefitting from the security of your Ledger hardware wallet.
Before you can start earning Algorand rewards, make sure you have added an Algorand account in Ledger Live. Learn more
Earning Algorand rewards
To start earning Algorand rewards, you need to have at least 1 ALGO. Rewards are calculated and regularly distributed by the network. The reward frequency is approximately every 20 minutes.
To claim Algorand rewards:
- In Ledger Live, go to Accounts and select the Algorand account of your choice.
- In the Algorand account page, click on the Claim rewards button.
- Follow the instructions in Ledger Live to claim rewards.
How Algorand rewards works
When you claim rewards through the Claim rewards button, a transaction of 0 ALGO is sent to claim the rewards. Rewards are produced automatically when you make any outgoing transaction that modifies the balance of the ALGO account.
For example, rewards will be produced if you make the following types of outgoing transactions:
- Send and Receive ALGO
- Send ASA: the network fees of ASA transactions reflect on the ALGO balance.
However, you won't get rewards after receiving ASA since this transaction does not impact the ALGO balance.