Check this article to see which Ledger device suits your needs, or view our comparison page for a side-by-side comparison.
Introducing Ledger Nano X
- Security: the device uses a certified secure chip (CC EAL5+).
- Backup: your accounts can be restored on any Ledger device or other compatible wallet.
- Mobility: Ledger Nano X is Bluetooth enabled. Securely manage your transactions everywhere you go.
- Capacity: the device has 5 times the storage capacity of the Ledger Nano S.
- Multicurrency: the device supports more than 1100 assets.
- Simplicity: using the Ledger Live mobile companion app, you can easily transact wherever you are.
Building upon Ledger Nano S
Ledger Nano S has been a very successful product that will continue to be supported in the future as the benchmark of crypto security. It continues to be available at a price of $59 (excl. VAT) / 59€ (incl. VAT). This makes it a great option for users that want to get their first experience securing their own crypto or those that don't need the specific advantages offered by the Ledger Nano X.
Different device, different use
Ledger Nano X and Ledger Nano S each have their own advantages for different use cases:
- Ledger Nano X is intended as a mobile device that you can take everywhere you go. It wirelessly connects to your the Ledger Live companion app on your smartphone so you can make secure transactions everywhere you go.
- Ledger Nano S is the device you can use at work or at home. It can also serve as a backup device for those that use a Ledger Nano X. If anything happens to your mobile device, you could use the backup device to get safe access to your crypto assets.
Ledger Nano X advantages
Ledger Nano X securely connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth. The Ledger Live companion app on your smartphone allows you to install apps, add accounts and send secure transactions anywhere you are. It has a built-in battery, expected to deliver up to 8 hours of continuous use or 3 months when idle on a single charge.
Ledger Nano X has 5 times more storage capacity compared to Ledger Nano S. This allows you to install many more applications at the same time.
The screen of a hardware wallet is key to display all transaction details so they can be easily verified before confirming a transaction. Ledger Nano X has been designed with a large display to improve visibility and readability of transaction details and to make it easier to use the device overall.
Enhanced hardware architecture
The Ledger Nano X architecture is an evolution of that of Ledger Nano S, thanks to its ST33 Secure Element chip. Besides having more memory this secure chip is directly connected to the display and buttons, leading to superior hardware architecture.
Ledger Nano X features a Control Center available at any time to lock the device, to check the battery status, to access the settings and more. You can access Control Center anytime by pressing and holding both buttons.
Availability and pricing
Visit our comparison page if you'd like a side-by-side comparison.
All orders include free express shipping.