Frequently asked questions about the Ledger Nano X firmware update are answered below. For step by step instructions, please refer to our update guide.
Make sure your 24-word recovery phrase is securely stored and accessible. In rare cases, a device may be reset during the update and needs to be restored after.
- Check that the Ledger Live version in Settings > About is at least version 2.8.0 or directly download the latest version and install it on a supported platform.
If the update is not available in the Manager
- You need Ledger Live on a computer to update your device. This firmware update is not available on the Ledger Live mobile app.
- Make sure you are running Ledger Live desktop version 2.8.0 or higher by going to Settings > About. You can download the latest version here.
- If you still don't see the update in the Manager, then it is not available to you yet. Please check again at a later moment, as the update is rolled out progressively.
Device stuck on Bootloader?
If your device is stuck on Bootloader, try one of the following solutions:
- Close and restart Ledger Live then go to the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Try on another computer.
Are you stuck during the update?
- Hold both buttons on your Ledger Nano X to open the Control Center.
- Select Power off and press both buttons.
- Turn on your device and go to the Manager to continue the update.
Follow device repair instructions
If your device displays Follow device repair instructions after updating to firmware version 1.2.4-2, please follow the steps below to reset your device in Recovery mode and update to version 1.2.4-4.
Before you continue, make sure your recovery phrase is available and at your disposal. The procedure below will erase the private keys from your device. You will need your recovery phrase to restore your private keys on your device.
Reset in Recovery mode
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold the left button (the button closest to the USB port) and do not release it until step 4.
- Connect the USB cable to the device.
- Release the button once the boot menu is displayed.
- Select Recovery mode and validate by pressing both buttons.
- Enter your PIN code. Your device will now display Follow device repair instructions followed by information on resetting it when you press the right button a few times.
- Select the Reset all option and press both buttons to validate. Your device will now be reset.
Update to firmware version 1.2.4-4
- Start the device in Recovery mode again by following steps 1 to 5 above. Your device will display the dashboard, which normally displays the apps on the device.
- Start Ledger Live on your computer. You must have at least version 2.8.0. To check the current version, go to Settings > About.
- Click on Manager in the menu on the left and allow the Manager on your device.
- An upgrade banner will appear at the top of the screen if the 1.2.4-4 upgrade is available. Please try again later if you do not see the upgrade banner. Firmware version 1.2.4-4 is released progressively.
- Click on Update firmware to launch the update and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the update is complete, the device can be powered on normally.
- Choose the option Restore from recovery phrase and use your 24-word recovery phrase to restore your device. Full restore instructions here >
Your device now runs the firmware version 1.2.4-4. You may install apps on your device to use it.
Applications disappeared after canceling the update
The applications on your Ledger Nano X are automatically uninstalled as soon as the firmware updater is downloaded onto your device. If you cancel the update, you will have to install your applications manually again. Don't worry, this does not affect your crypto assets as the private keys providing access to your crypto remain safe on your device.
If your device got reset
If your device displays the Welcome to Ledger Nano X screen, it has been reset. Don't worry, your crypto assets are safe as long as you have your 24-word recovery phrase. Select the Restore from recovery phrase option and press both buttons to validate. Then restore your private keys from your recovery phrase.
Still not solved?
If your problem is still not solved, there is probably a connection issue:
- Please check out this article to troubleshoot connection issues.
- If it still does not work, please reach out to Ledger Support and clearly describe all the steps you've tried.
The private keys on your device are fully backed up by the 24-word recovery phrase. As long as your recovery phrase is securely stored, there is no risk to your assets.
Please refer to our update guide for step-by-step instructions.
Yes, we strongly recommend always updating your device to the latest firmware version to benefit from the optimal security level and user experience offered by our products.
Please refer to our blog post.
We recommend regularly updating your devices to benefit from the optimal security level and user experience offered by our products. New (versions of) applications are also only available on the latest firmware version.
No. For security reasons, it is not possible to downgrade the firmware of your Ledger Nano X.