Release notes for all Ledger Nano X firmware versions are chronologically listed in this article. Please check our step by step update guide here and solutions to most common problems in this article.
Firmware version 1.2.4-4
Released 4 August 2020
What’s new in firmware version 1.2.4-4?
- Apply the RDP lock directly during the update.
- Removed the MCU integrity check at each boot added in version 1.2.4-2 to fix a rare bug where the device got stuck at “Follow device repair instructions”.
Firmware version 1.2.4-2
Released 8 July 2020
Firmware version 1.2.4-2 includes security enhancements, user experience improvements, additional cryptographic support, and a few other changes. Please find more information about this update in our blog post.
- Fixed a minor RDP lock vulnerability that could be used to make the device connect as a keyboard in the context of a supply chain attack, for example.
- MCU firmware integrity is now checked by the Secure Element at each boot (similar to Nano S).
Better user experience
- Smooth update: no need to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable during firmware updates! Bootloader mode is now automatically launched to update the MCU firmware.
- Significantly reduced the delay when (un)installing multiple apps in the Manager.
- Added cryptographic support for the Stark 256 and BLS12-381 curves.
- Changes to the regulatory information, accessible through the settings or the boot menu.
- Fixed functionality to switch between library contexts.