The OS version 2.1.0 features a redesigned PIN code screen and support for French and Spanish.
Please read the release notes for more details about this update. Check our troubleshooting article if you need help.
Before you start
- Make sure you have updated Ledger Live through the notification banner or downloaded the latest version of Ledger Live.
- Make sure your 24-word recovery phrase is available, as a precaution.
- Applications on your device will be automatically reinstalled after the update.
- Start Ledger Live and go to My Ledger.
- Click on My Ledger on the main menu.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger on your device.
2. Start the firmware update.
- Click on Update firmware in the orange notification banner.
If you don't see the notification banner, please try again later as the release is rolled out progressively.
- Carefully read all instructions on the window that appears.
- If your recovery phrase is written down and accessible, tick the checkbox at the bottom and click on Continue. The update process normally does not require the recovery phrase, but you should have it available as a precaution. Don’t have your recovery phrase?
- The update will be downloaded while your device displays Processing.
- Your device will then display New firmware and the version number.
- Press the right button to select Confirm update. Press both buttons to confirm.
- Enter your PIN code to confirm. Your device will then restart and install the update.
If you have canceled the update, please reload My Ledger to reinstall the applications.
- The update process will continue automatically.
- Your Ledger Nano X displays Processing.
- Never disconnect your device at this stage.
- Your device is successfully updated once Ledger Live displays Firmware updated and your Ledger Nano X asks for your PIN code.
- Your applications will be reinstalled automatically after you have entered your PIN code.
- (optional) Rename your device. If you have manually chosen a device name, this name does not persist after a firmware update. The name will be reset to the factory name: Nano X ****.
Android users can update Ledger Nano X firmware with Ledger Live mobile.
This requires a USB connection and applies to firmware versions 1.2.4-6 and later.
- Connect Ledger Nano X to your smartphone using a USB cable.
- Open the Ledger Live app.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, tap My Ledger. You’ll be taken to a page where you need to select your device.
- In the USB section, you should see your Ledger Nano X. Tap it and confirm that you allow My Ledger to access your device.
- You’ll see a notification stating that a firmware update is available.
- Tap Update. A pop-up window with instructions will appear. Read the instructions carefully.
- Tick the checkbox at the bottom to confirm that you have your recovery phrase and tap Continue. Firmware updates don't usually require a recovery phrase, so this is simply a precaution. Don’t have your recovery phrase?
- Ledger Nano X will display Processing, which means that the update process has started.
- The device will then display New firmware and version number.
- Press the right button to Confirm update.
- Press both buttons simultaneously for confirmation.
- Enter your PIN code.
- Ledger Nano X will restart and install the update.
- The device will display Processing.
Don’t disconnect your device at this stage.
Finish the update on your Ledger Nano X.
When Ledger Live displays Firmware updated and you are prompted to enter your PIN code, Ledger Nano X has been successfully updated.
Click Re-install apps to finalize the process.
Please check the update troubleshooting article.
Did your device reset?
If your device displays Welcome to Ledger Nano X, it has been reset. Don't worry, your crypto assets are safe as long as you have your 24-word recovery phrase. Please follow the instructions to restore your private keys from your recovery phrase.
Bluetooth pairing issues
If you're experiencing Bluetooth issues after updating to firmware version 1.2.4-5, please remove the pairing and forget the Ledger Nano X on your phone. Then try the pairing again. For more information, refer to the Fix Bluetooth issues article.